Engineering Update January 2019
31st January 2019
It’s been a little while since our last engineering update but despite the weather we have slowly been moving forwards on many fronts! Work has focused on setting up the frames and getting them square ready for riveting! Also whilst the weather has been against us we have been busy making a start on re-furbishing various parts of the motion cleaning, inspecting & re-machining where necessary. Off site the cylinder block is progressing well and should be ready for collection with’in the next month or to!
After a successful 2018, keeping to our predicted time line, with the initial erection of the main frames we hope to achieve the following for the coming year!
- Setup & square off frames.
- Ream & rivet up new frames.
- Setup & fit new cylinder block to frames.
- Machine & fit horn guides.
- Build up rear Drag-box.
- Continue with painting up wheels and new frame.
18 month plans
- Re-metal axle boxes and machine with view to rolling chassis!
- Water cut,cast & machine new valves,horn wedges,slide bars & leading horn liners.
- Drill and fit running plates,side valances, etc.
- Work towards a rolling chassis & re-wheeling.
- New side tanks & bunker.
- look into SECR bottle buffers.
- start on pipe work (Vac/Steam heat).
- Motion work/spring etc.